August 15, 2011

Missoni for Target

Silk scarves - Missoni for Target (available Sept. 13th)

One of the best ways to score designer items on a budget is to always be on the lookout for retailers who feature designer lines for less. Next month, Target will be releasing a limited edition Missoni for Target line of clothing, accessories, and home goods. (Preview the full line here or go to the 'Target Style' facebook page to view album thumbnails that include price details for select products.)

I noticed as I was flipping through my copy of Nina Garcia's 'The One Hundred' book last week that a Missoni piece is included in her list of 100 items every fashionable woman should own. As iconic as a Missoni print is, I have to admit that all of the crazy colors and patterns are just not for me. However, I did find a few accessories and kitchen items in the collection that I love including the silk scarves ($19.99 each - shown above), this hat ($24.99), and these cup/saucer sets (price unknown).

Target features various designer lines for less on a pretty regular basis. (Unfortunately, they usually don't make it to my local store because I live in a relatively small city.) Here are a few other retailers that are currently featuring or have previously featured designer lines for less:
  • Payless (view current designer collaborations here)
  • H&M (ex. Lanvin for H&M - released Nov. 2010)
  • Loft (ex. Lela Rose for Loft - released earlier this summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment