August 3, 2011

Birthday Haul

Can you believe it's August? I'm not sure where the time goes but I'm amazed that the summer is nearly over already. I turned 28 last Saturday but celebrated the occasion for pretty much the entire month of July. This year for my birthday I ended up getting a few gift cards (Ulta, Banana Republic, J. Crew) and some cash from my mom and husband's family. Since there isn't a nearby Banana or J. Crew store where I live, I immediately ran to Ulta with my gift card and 20% off Friends & Family coupon in hand to do some shopping. Here's what I walked out with:


I'm actually not going to list every item I bought because I think you can see what they all are pretty clearly in this photo but if you have any questions about the products above, leave a comment or send me an email! At the time of this purchase, the Maybelline mascaras were B2G1 and so were the Essie nail polishes (+ the 20% discount on top of these promos..awesome). I'm really happy with everything that I bought but I'm especially loving the Seche Vite 'Dry Fast' Top Coat and the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips in 'Kitty, Kitty'.


I would definitely rate these nail strips 4 out of 5 stars and can't wait to use them again. If they were a little easier to remove with nail polish remover (I used a non acetone remover..not sure if that makes a difference) I would have given them 5 stars. Each kit comes with 16 nail strips of various sizes to ensure that you'll find a strip that perfectly fits each nail. I keep my nails pretty short so I was actually able to cover 2 nails with a single strip which means I still have a full set of strips left for a future application. I also applied a coat of the Seche Vite top coat (an amazing product!) on top of the nail strip and my manicure lasted for a full week before chipping.


Husband was incredibly generous for my birthday this year and got me this lovely smelling 'Stella' perfume by Tocca Beauty which has been on my wish list for months. He also gave me this Longchamp tote bag in black back in May prior to leaving for our honeymoon as an early birthday gift. I've wanted this bag for a couple of years and I've used it nearly every day since he gave it to me. Love. He also bought me a pair of MICHAEL by Michael Kors 'Nadia' thong sandals in black patent from the DSW in Union Square, San Francisco while we were honeymooning. These sandals quickly became my favorite go-to pair but, sadly, they lasted just over a month before breaking. : (

I had such a wonderful birthday this year and despite the many questions I got as to whether or not I've stopped counting the years yet (come on people, 28 is not that old..ask me again when I turn 30) I think I'm going to have alot to look forward to between now and my next birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment